If you are searching for a niche way to spice up your cocktail menu and attract new customers, CBD is here to save the day. For those who don’t know, CBD, or cannabidiol, is a chemical found in hemp and cannabis that does not contain THC. CBD will not get you high, but it still gives similar effects like relaxation and ease of stress and joint pain. Many coffee shops and bars have been experimenting with CBD oil in their products, depending on the laws of their location. Here are some cool recipes we found to give you some CBD inspiration.
CBD Gin and Tonic
The CBD Gin and Tonic is a great safe option to start with since a G&T is a classic drink choice. The CBD oil will complement the citrusy flavor profile of this drink and add an interesting twist.
- 1 ½ ounces of gin, 3 ½ ounces of tonic water, ¼ ounce of lemon juice, 15 mg CBD oil, aromatics of choice such as lime wheel, grapefruit peel, edible flowers, herbs and peppercorns
- Combine gin, lemon juice, and tonic water in a glass and top it with ice
- Arrange your aromatics of choice into the cocktail
- Float the CBD oil on the top
Recipe courtesy of Goop.
For all of your tequila fans, the Sour T-iesel puts an interesting spin on the margarita. This drink also involves superfoods such as matcha powder which will excite your health-conscious customers.
- 2 oz. tequila blanco, 1 oz. lime juice, ½ oz. agave, ¾ oz. aquafaba (the liquid in a can of chickpeas that serves as a substitute for egg whites), 3 mint leaves, a pinch of sea salt, 10-15 mg of CBD tincture, and matcha powder
- Put all of the ingredients besides aquafaba and matcha powder in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake and strain
- Add the aquafaba
- Emulsify with hand blender (use a regular blender if needed) and strain into a glass
- Garnish with matcha powder
Recipe courtesy of Marie Claire.
Sangria is often a favorite because of its fresh and fruity taste, and can easily be made in bulk. We’ve also heard that the wine and CBD combo is extra relaxing, so give it a try!
- 1 apple, 1 lime, 1 lemon, 1 orange, ½ cup of orange juice, 1 cup of cranberry juice, 3 cups of red wine, 2 cups of seltzer, ice, desired amount of CBD tincture
- Prep the fruits by slicing the citrus fruits into wheels and the apples into chunks
- Add all of the ingredients to a pitcher and serve cold
Recipe courtesy of Joy Organics.
The curafizz is unlike the other classic drinks listed beforehand and will really bring uniqueness to your menu. This one is for the daring customers looking to try something completely new.
- Ice, 2 ounces of gin, ½ ounce of lemon juice, ½ ounce of Aperol (or a strawberry/raspberry puree), 1 egg white, 15 drops of Curaleaf Hemp Lemon Bergamot CBD Tincture Drops, rose petal for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a shaker with no ice and shake for no less than 10 seconds
- Add ice to the shaker and give a final shake
- Pour the liquid into a glass and garnish with the rose petal
Recipe courtesy of Parade.
CBD Mint Julep
The minty flavoring of the CBD Mint Julep will refresh and relax all of your senses. With the added CBD, this drink will for sure zen you out and relieve all of your stresses.
- 2 ½ ounces of Bourbon, ½ ounce of simple syrup, 2-8 mint leaves + extra for garnish, 15 mg CBD tincture
- Muddle up the leaves and simple syrup along with CBD tincture in a chilled julep cup
- Add the bourbon and top off with pebbled ice
- Swizzle and top with more ice
- Garnish with additional mint leaves
Recipe courtesy of Ministry of Hemp.
Now that you have mastered the application of CBD in your cocktails, you have successfully enhanced the textures and flavors of your drinks. Another way to boost your business is to invest in a simple and powerful venue management software such as TablelistPro. TablelistPro will allow you to drive sales, manage your staff and operations, track client data, and more. Visit our website to schedule a free demo and see these features in action.