Whether you are hosting a summer event soon, or just looking to spice up your weekend drink list this summer, there are many cocktails on the uprise. We have been inspired lately by some of these trendy drinks and wanted to share the recipes with you so your guests can enjoy them, too!
Red, White, and Blue Layered Cocktail
Although the 4th of July just passed, you can still celebrate America with this impressive layered cocktail all summer long.
- 1 oz grenadine, 3 oz lemonade, 1 oz vodka, 1 oz blue curacao ice
- Add grenadine to a glass then fill with ice
- In a shaker, shake lemonade and vodka then gently pour the mixture over the back of a spoon into the glass creating the white layer of the drink.
- Cascade blue curacao over the back of a spoon to make the final blue layer.
Recipe courtesy of Creative Ramblings Blog.
Pride month just ended, but we’re still in the spirit! This rainbow-colored sangria will wow guests and is tasty, too.
- 1 1/2 bottles moscato, chilled, 1/2 c. triple sec, Juice of 3 limes, 1/4 c. sugar, 3 c. blackberries, 3 c. blueberries, 6 kiwis, peeled and sliced, 2 c. diced pineapple, 2 c. diced mango, 2 c. Halved strawberries
- In a large pitcher, stir together white wine, triple sec, lime juice and sugar until combined.
- In tall glasses, layer blackberries, blueberries, kiwis, pineapple, mango, and strawberries.
- Pour wine mixture over fruit and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Delish.
Grilled Peach Spritz
This summer, the “spritz” drinks have become popular. Instead of just serving the classic Aperol Spritz, the added touch of grilled peach makes this drink that much more delicious. It’s fruity and bubbly! What more can you ask for in a summer cocktail?
- 4 ounces Sparkling Wine, 1 ounce grenadine, 3 ounces grilled peach syrup, ice, grilled peach slices, fresh mint
- 3 peaches, sliced into thick wedges, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup water
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush peaches with oil and place on grill until golden brown marks form. Flip and grill other side.
- Set a few slices aside for garnishing. Place remaining grilled peaches in a small pot with sugar and water.
- Over medium heat simmer peaches in sugar water for 3-5 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Using the back of a spoon smash the peaches down to release their juices.
- Let cool completely. Over a bowl or cup pour peach syrup through a strainer. Store liquid in air-tight container until ready to use.
- In a glass full of ice pour in peach syrup.
- Slowly pour in grenadine.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with Sparkling Wine.
- Garnish with grilled peach slices and fresh mint.
Recipe courtesy of Petit Foodie.
Cucumber Honeydew Freeze
Cucumber and melon is such a healthy and tasty combo; why not try it out in cocktail form? The frozen aspect of this drink will be refreshing in the summer heat, and the real ingredients will leave you guilt-free.
- 2 tablespoons ground fennel seeds, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons kosher salt, 1 lime wedge, 8 ounces gin, 2 cups chilled chopped peeled cucumber, 2 cups chilled chopped honeydew melon, 6 ounces fresh lemon juice, 1 cup honey, 5 cups ice, Cucumber wheels and honeydew melon balls, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix the kosher salt, sugar and ground fennel seeds.
- Moisten half of the outer rim of 6 chilled white wine glasses with the lime wedge and coat lightly with the sweet fennel salt.
- In a blender, combine all of the remaining ingredients except the garnishes and blend until smooth. Pour the drink into the glasses. Garnish the drinks with the cucumber wheels and honeydew melon balls.
Recipe courtesy of Food and Wine.
Now that your venue is equipped with the best summer drinks, is it also running with the best venue management software? TablelistPro is the ultimate digital platform for your bar, club, lounge, or event to easily manage guest lists, staff, reservations, client data, and more. To learn more, visit our website and schedule a free demo.